Tuesday, April 8, 2008

BBQ Chicken Chop Salad.. Yummy!


So my LOVE for this salad started over thirteen years ago. Me and my friends Diana and Lizzy lived for a summer in Hawaii. Every weekend we would drive into Honolulu to the California Pizza Kitchen and get this salad. I got the recipe a few years ago,and it's so easy and yummy. Perfect for a party or for a night when you are craving a really good salad!!

BBQ Chicken Chop Salad
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup barbeque sauce
Marinate chicken in barbeque sauce, then bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Chop into pieces and refrigerate.
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
3 to 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
i jicama, peeled and diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1(15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
1/2 pound Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
Combine chicken in a large salad bowl with salad ingredients and toss. Serve with Ranch dressing,( I make up Hidden Valley and mix it with some barbeque sauce), then crispy tortilla chips.

enjoy!!

12 comments:

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Yummy! That looks a lot like my favorite salad from rumbi! Great, now I'm craving it! I'll have to make it. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen M said...

mmmm, that sounds so goooooooood. i'm a sucker for bbq sauce.

Josh and Lar said...

yum! I've got to try it. By the way, have you made that pasta recipe you got from me? I made it when I first started cooking and I was so proud of myself and thought it was delish! But I made it again last week and it wasn't my favorite. My apologies if you've already made it. I've made a lot better pastas since that first one. yikes.

Jessica F. said...

Exactly what I NEED to be eating this very second!

Brandi said...

Looks good! You have the best salad recipes. Thanks for the yummy idea.

The Pixton Family said...

Yummy- I can't wait to make it!

robandsasha said...

That is my favorite salad, however, never had the recipe! Thanks for sharing! Hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog... email me sometime, I'd love to catch up with you!...francissasha@yahoo.com

Blondie Blues said...

Yum, thanks for the recipe; I can't wait to make it. This ridiculous weather is supposed to get good this weekend, so maybe we could do a park day next week. I will give you a call.

Brigitta said...

Yummy, I love that salad too. I will have to try your recipe. We have CPK close by and that's what I always order when we go there.

Jessica F. said...

I can't find jicama ANYWHERE!!!

Hema and Becky said...

That salad looks very tasty! I think we will try it this weekend!

Brittany said...

hey marilee it's your cousin brittany. it was good to see you at spencer's funeral... you look great! i hardly ever blog, but i just thought i would check your whole family's blogs real quick and i am SO excited to see this salad recipe because i actually remember having it at jessica's bridal shower because it was that good. i am making it tonight! thanks!