Friday, April 2, 2010

Our 2 Favorite chocolate chip cookies



These two recipes are tried and true. They are different, but both equally yummy. One has pudding in the batter so the cookies are very moist. The other has oatmeal so they are more chewy. I make them both alot. They make perfect thank-you and neighbor gifts

OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP

1/2 C. butter 1 tsp. salt
1/2 C. margarine 2 tsp. baking soda
1 C. Brown sugar 1/2 tsp. baking powder
! C. sugar 2 1/2 C. flour
2 eggs 2 C. oats
2 tsp. vanilla 1/2 bag milk chocolate chips
1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter, margarine with sugars. Slightly beat eggs and add vanilla to eggs, then to cream mixture. Add all dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.

Measure out 1/4 C. per cookie and roll into ball. I bake 6 to a pan
( I love this because they all look even and uniform when they are finished cooking)

Bake 350 for 13-14 min.
Let cool on pan for 4 minutes. The remove to wire rack to cool.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES

4 1/2 C. flour 2 (3.4 oz.) pkgs. vanilla instant pudding
2 tsp. baking soda 4 eggs
2 C. butter, softened 2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. brown sugar 4 C. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. sugar 2 C. chopped walnuts (optional)


Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by med cookie scoop onto pan ( i love my pampered chef cookie scoop). I bake 12 to a pan.

Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool for 4 minutes on pan. Remove to wire rack to cool.

Both recipes are easy, fast, and yummy!!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I know without a shadow of doubt that those are the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies ever. And I know cookies. So, now I will try the other cookies. Yahoo! A good excuse to make more cookies.

The Pixton Family said...

Yummo!

Jessica F. said...

I'll take the oatmeal ones. Please mail some to me today!!

Hema and Becky said...

Me too!! I love the oatmeal ones and would love one right now.

The Sieverts said...

Yum. I'm going to try these. I really love oatmeal choc chip.