So the thing that the kids wanted to do more than anything before school started was to go camping one last time. I think that it was our best spot yet. It was so beautiful! Everyone had a great time. There was a little stream that ran right next to our camp, so the boys and Sarah just played and fished all day long (check out Dallan's fishing pole: Brandon made it out of a willow, dug up some worms, and made a bobber out of a piece of wood-- Dallan's fish from this make-shift pole was bigger than any of the fish Brandon caught with his high-tech flyrod/flies) while I could sit in my chair on the banks and watch. Maren was covered from head to toe in dirt by the time we came home and she couldn't have been more pleased. What a great way to end the summer.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Uintas
So the thing that the kids wanted to do more than anything before school started was to go camping one last time. I think that it was our best spot yet. It was so beautiful! Everyone had a great time. There was a little stream that ran right next to our camp, so the boys and Sarah just played and fished all day long (check out Dallan's fishing pole: Brandon made it out of a willow, dug up some worms, and made a bobber out of a piece of wood-- Dallan's fish from this make-shift pole was bigger than any of the fish Brandon caught with his high-tech flyrod/flies) while I could sit in my chair on the banks and watch. Maren was covered from head to toe in dirt by the time we came home and she couldn't have been more pleased. What a great way to end the summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun! I love camping. We definitely do not go enough. I think having kids there has got to make it a lot more fun!
Stop being so skinny by the way!
Fun! Even though I hate camping, it looks like you guys had a great time! The kids are too cute.
Looks like fun! We were up there at our neighbors cabin the same weekend. I'm glad that Dallan caught your dinner!
Post a Comment