So a week ago on Sunday David and the rest of my kids had a cold and a runny nose. A couple of days later, everyone was feeling better; but David had a lingering cough. I gave him a breathing treatments and just waited for it to go away. Whenever he gets a cough it stays for a long time. Anyway, in the middle of the night, on Sunday night I woke up to hear him in a coughing fit. I went into his room and he had a fever of 104, and was really having trouble breathing.
I took him to the children's clinic by my house. They tested him and the doctor said that his oxygen levels were so low, that he needed to send him in an ambulance to the children's hospital right then. I have never ridden in an ambulance before, but they were so great with David and got us there really quickly!
He was admitted to the hospital where he spent the next 4 days. The first day was kind-of fun because they were binging in Gatorade and Tricks and the Wii station to play, and all the carton network that he could watch. By the third day, after poked and pounded and proded every hour, he was begging to come home.
He came home late last night. He will have to lay low for a week or so, and his energy level is really low, but slowly he is feeling better.
I feel like a full-time nurse between his 6 different medications that he has to be on. All different doses and at different times of the day, and his breathing treatments, every three hours around the clock, but we are home, and that is so much better than the hospital.
Good thing that Brandon's parents were here. They saved the day. They have been so helpful with the kids. Which helped Brandon and I, so one of us could always be with David. The people in our neighborhood were amazing. We were overwhelmed with all the support, the unbelievable meals, and the general concern from everyone.
A few thing that I am thankful for.
-Antibiotics (David is on three)
-Clean hospitals
-Family support
-Great neighbors and friends
-Good health
-My own bed
10 comments:
Poor little David! That picture makes me sad... Glad to hear things are looking better though! We miss you guys!!
Oh man- the poor guy and the poor mom. How sad. I'm glad he is home. I hope he gets better soon.
Wow! How scary was that? What was he diagnosed with? Poor kid. Glad he's home. Hospitals get old real fast.
How scary! I'm glad you got the help that you needed quickly. that can really be scary- so nice that you have family to help you when you are so far away... Hope he will be on the mend soon. He is so sweet.
Poor little guy! I am glad that he is feeling better.
i was thinking i hadn't seen you around lately...and now i know why ;) glad he is doing better!
So sad! I hope all is well now. Thinking of you guys...all the time. Love you.
He looks so sad in the picture!! I am sure glad he is doing better and hope he is back to 100% soon! Kiss him for us!
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Sweet little David! Gosh, I'm glad he's getting better but so scary! Seriously that is SO lucky that Brandon's parents were there! How in the world would you have been able to do all of it without them!
Hey there! I so hope David is fully recovered! Poor guy! It seems like you guys are settled and enjoying AZ. That weather sounds pretty dreamy right now. Your house and pool are so gorgeous! And I hope everyone of you 7 are doing well.
We are doing well...just keeping busy with life. Luke gets Baptised on my due date which is May 1st, so we will be staying pretty busy these next few months! I am trying to enjoy these last 5 weeks with the knowledge that this is mu last...which is bitter-sweet! I'm sure you know what I am talking about. Do you still feel GOOD with 5?
Keep up the BLOG...I love catching up. Love, Deb
Post a Comment